Thursday, January 24

Dateline, summer?


Yep, I have to say it finally feels like summer here. Wellington is seeing some consistent sunny days--and I'm told this season "is a good one". After several not so good.
Among other things, this is really teasing me to ride a bike. To do that, I have to pay someone for it in a 'transaction'. I've been rationalizing not getting one as I continue to look for work. But these sunny days! There are a lot of cyclists here in Wellington, and some good looking rides. We'll see.
That said, job options are looking up, way up. The number of raw ads has nearly doubled since the holidays--and the actual content, the quality of those jobs is fantastic. Luckily, I have a very patient and smart wife (I believe you've met Beth) who's sticking out my search. I am fortunate as well to have a work permit that enables me to choose my employer. Woe to Beth; she can only work for her current employer, MSD. So I must secure as a-Q-uality a contract as I can--within a reasonable timeframe. As of today, I am aiming higher; toward positions in Archives New Zealand or the National (libraries). Or government agencies similar to the one for whom Beth works that pay well and reward those who may get them.
We'll see.
That said, an odd normality has become the days here in En-Zed. That piece of the (forward) puzzle, good work, would have it all make sense.
Tell then, I am mad, I tells ya.

No comments: