Wednesday, October 17

I Love the West Coast


ok, I know this is cheating - this pic was taken in San Diego when we were here in March 07. But we just got here today and I have to express love for this town. It's sleepy, beautiful, wide, balmy. Today, a little chilly, but generally, balmy. Really, I can't say enough great stuff about the west coast. From Vancouver through Portland, down to San Francisco and finally into San Diego (forget that LA ever existed here), I am in heaven. The people are odd, the food is amazing, the trees, water, and architecture are gorgeous. There are farmer's markets, rocky cliffs, and priuses and bicyclists by the thousands. I can't decide which town I most prefer, but will be debating those points herein, maybe. Today, we are in our final US destination, San Diego, before we head back to that cestpool, LA, for our flight next week, with a camping trip along the way with my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is easier to love the West Coast, especially when you have lived in the extremely DRY and snowy state of Colorado. The West Coast offers COOL rain in the NW summers; and plenty of snow in the NW winters; and as you move South, less rain and more and more SUN. However, as I have often said of Hawaii, going there for a vacation is wonderful...having lived there for 3-months, one discovers that Hawaii is NOT perfect by a long shot! So, just to be able to enjoy such vast beauty is in and of itself a "moment of Joy!"