Thursday, October 11

Setsugi


'Beloved' , in Japanese. Or so I've thought for 9 years.
Been absent in blogging here, and other things because we lost a member of the family. For every time I had to explain what was a Cattahoula, I have a dozen memories about this fine dog. Holding onto the wheel, I've been remembering every one as we passed down many roads. She came with us for thousands of miles, back and forth across the land to visit family and friends, to hike down to the waterlines and scale cliffs, anywhere to be together. Always ready, she was our best goer.
6087 in digital read the odometer when we reached the Pacific, and where both happiness and sadness tipped the scales. We left her behind in the Olympics, after a few days digging in our heels and breathing in all that we had been.
I'm still picking up the pieces. (Talk about a life on the fly).
-Jesse

No comments: